University of California, Santa Barbara - Ph.D. (Condensed Matter Theory; Thesis Advisor, Prof. D. J. Scalapino) - 1975
Brown University - Graduate Study - 1971-72
University of California, Santa Barbara - B.A.(Physics) - 1971
Western Michigan University, Professor, Aug. 1993 - Present
Western Michigan University, Associate Professor, Aug. 1986 - Aug. 1993
Kuwait Foundation for Advancement of Science, November 2006 (1 Week Visit)
Michigan State University, Sabbatical Leave, Fall 2002, Spring 2003
Center for Fundamental Materials Research, Michigan State University, Visit, Summer 2001, Summer 2000
Nihon University, Invited visit under faculty exchange program with WMU, Mid May - mid June 1998
Universidad Autonoma de Puebla, Guest of Prof. P. Helevi, March 1994 (2 Week Visit)
Universite du Maine, France, Visit, June 19 -July 10, 1993
University of Florence, Guest of Prof. V. Tognetti, May 1991
Center for Fundamental Materials Research, Michigan State University, Visit, August 1990
USSR Academy of Sciences, 2 Week Visit, June 1990
USSR Academy of Sciences, 2 Week Visit, Oct. 1989
University of California, Irvine, Sabbatical Leave, Sept. 1988 - June 1989
Oxford University, Sabbatical Leave, Summer 1988
Université Pierre et Marie Currie, Sabbatical Leave, Spring 1988
Western Michigan University, Assistant Professor, Jan. 1981 - Aug. 1986
University of California, Irvine, Visiting Associate Researcher, June 1987, May - July 1990, June - August 1991, May-August 1992, May-August 1993
University of Oregon, Visiting Assistant Professor, Sept. 1984 - June 1985
University of California, Irvine, Visit, Summer 1983, Summer 1984, Summer 1986
Michigan State University, Adjunct Research Associate, Sept. 1981 - June 1983
Osaka University, Visit, Sept. 11 - Aug 25, 1982
Michigan State University, Visiting Assistant Professor, Summer 1981, Summer 1982
Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Visit, Summer 1980
NASA-Langley Research Center, George Washington University, Visiting Scientist, July 1979 - Nov. 1980
Oxford University, Visit, July 1978 - Dec. 1978
Michigan State University, Postdoctoral, 1977-79
Temple University, Postdoctoral, 1975-77
- Arnold Nordsieck Award to outstanding graduating physics senior at the University of California at Santa Barbara - 1971.
- Phi Beta Kappa - 1971.
- Fellowship to Brown University - 1971.
- Fellow of Institute of Physics (London) - 2002.
- Fellow of American Physical Society 2006 For Pioneering Work on the Theory of Phase Coherent Multiple Scattering Effects from Rough Surfaces and Thin Films and for Research in Nanostructure Photonics.
- Fellow of The Electromagnetics Academy - 2006.
- Fellow of the Optical Society of America 2008 Citation:For a theory of phase coherent effects in the multiple scattering of light from disordered surfaces and films and for work on linear and nonlinear optics in nanostructure photonics.
- Distinguished faculty Scholar, Western Michigan University - 2007.
- American Physical Society Outstanding Referee 2008.